Joel Anderson Berly IV
As a member of Butler Snow’s commercial litigation group, Jay concentrates his practice on a variety of civil litigation matters including commercial real estate disputes, insurance coverage litigation, and other complex business matters. A former federal law clerk, Jay is licensed to practice in all South Carolina state courts, as well as the United States District Court for the District of South Carolina and the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Biography – View PDF Bio
- Bar Admissions
- Civic Involvement
- Education & Honors
- In the News
- Papers, Presentations, & Publications
- Recent Blogs
- South Carolina, 2018
- U.S. District Courts
- South Carolina: District of South Carolina
- U.S. Court of Appeals
- 4th Circuit
- Turning Leaf Project, Expansion Campaign Cabinet
- Wake Forest University, J.D., 2017
- Wake Forest Litigation Clinic, Member
- Wake Forest University, M.S.L., 2014
- Wake Forest University, B.A., Economics, 2012
- Clerkship, Honorable R. Bryan Harwell, Chief District Judge, United States District Court for the District of South Carolina
- Clerkship, Honorable Mary G. Lewis, District Judge, United States District Court for the District of South Carolina
- Co-Author, "Lessons and Recommendations from the COVID-19 Era," ACC South Carolina, 2nd Quarter Newsletter, June 30, 2021.
- Co-Author, "Clawing Your Way to the Top in the Age of Computer-Assisted Review," ABA, Practice Points, June 14, 2021.