Gayle Malone, Jr.
Gayle has over 40 years' experience in litigation and is a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers.
Biography – View PDF Bio
- Tennessee, 1973
- U.S. District Courts
- Tennessee: Middle, Western
- U.S. Court of Appeals
- 6th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Lifetime Achievement Selection, America’s Top 100 Attorneys®, 2016
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers, 1995
- Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business
- Litigation: General Commercial – Tennessee, 2014-2020
- Litigation: Mediators – Tennessee, 2020
- Best Lawyers in America®
- Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs, 2011-2021
- Lawyer of the Year, Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs (Nashville, TN), 2019
- Super Lawyers®
- Top 100: Tennessee Super Lawyers, 2013-2017
- Top 50: 2017 Nashville Super Lawyers, 2013-2017
- Mid-South Super Lawyers, Personal Injury – Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff, 2007-2020
- AV® – Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated, 1983-2017
- "100 Best Lawyers in Nashville", Nashville Post
- "Tennessee’s Best 150 Lawyers", Business Tennessee Magazine, 2010
- Benchmark Litigation
- State Litigation Star – Tennessee, 2015-2016, 2018, 2021
- Vanderbilt University Law School, J.D., 1973
- Vanderbilt University, B.A., 1970
- Rule 31 Listed General Civil Mediator, Tennessee Supreme Court
- Lead counsel in scores of jury and bench trials in federal, state and regulatory forums involving: all types of business litigation, including anti-trust, securities fraud and contract matters; claims relating to catastrophic injuries or death for both plaintiffs and defendants in products liability actions in a number of different industries, medical malpractice actions, and tractor trailer and other motor vehicle actions; premises liability for both plaintiffs and defendants; appeals of CON decisions for hospitals in healthcare regulatory matters; and professional negligence actions relating to lawyers and accountants.
- Numerous judgments or settlements on behalf of plaintiffs for millions of dollars, including:
- A $20 million jury verdict in a wrongful death case in Memphis,
Shelby County, Tennessee, in 2012.
- An approximate $5.6 million jury verdict in 2009, the largest ever in a
personal injury case in Columbia, Maury County, Tennessee.
- Successfully mediated hundreds of cases involving complex commercial and business disputes of all types and catastrophic injury and death cases.
- 86 Butler Snow Attorneys Listed in 2020 Mid-South Super Lawyers® and Rising Stars
- Benchmark Litigation U.S. 2021 Recognizes 20 Butler Snow Attorneys
- 198 Butler Snow Attorneys Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2021
- Chambers USA 2020 Ranks 44 Butler Snow Attorneys and 15 Categories
- 93 Butler Snow Attorneys Listed in 2019 Mid-South Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- 173 Butler Snow Attorneys Named in Best Lawyers® 2020, 19 Named “Lawyer of the Year”
- Chambers USA 2019 Ranks 44 Butler Snow Attorneys as Leaders
- 158 Butler Snow Attorneys Named in Best Lawyers®, 18 Named “Lawyer of the Year”
- Butler Snow Ranked No. 2 in Lex Machina’s ‘Top Law Firm Report’ More...
- Butler Snow Named Product Liability Firm of the Year by Benchmark Litigation
- 106 Butler Snow Attorneys Listed in 2017 Mid-South Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Chambers USA 2017 Ranks 45 Butler Snow Attorneys as Leaders
- 102 Butler Snow Attorneys List in 2015 Mid-South Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Butler Snow Attorneys Recognized by Benchmark Litigation 2016
- Chambers USA Ranks 40 Butler Snow Attorneys as Leaders