Don B. Cannada
I have absolute confidence in Don Cannada's abilities. He is experienced, thorough and diligent. We have worked together for a number of years and will continue to do so.
Magazine Street Interests
Magazine Street Interests
Biography – View PDF Bio
- Bar Admissions
- Civic Involvement
- Education & Honors
- In the News
- Papers, Presentations, & Publications
- Mississippi, 1978
- YMCA of Metro Jackson, Board of Trustees, Chair
- YMCA of Metro Jackson, Board of Directors, Former Chair
- First Presbyterian Church of Jackson, Elder
- Lifetime Achievement Selection, America’s Top 100 Attorneys®, 2016
- AV®-Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated
- Best Lawyers in America®
- Commercial Transactions / UCC Law, 2015-2018
- Tax Law, 2011-2018
- Real Estate Law, 1995-1996
- American College of Real Estate Lawyers
- Fellow, Mississippi Bar Foundation
- Top 50, Mississippi Super Lawyers®, 2006-2016
- Jackson, Mississippi Lawyer of the Year, Real Estate, 2010
- Chambers USA, America's Leading Lawyers for Business
- Real Estate (Mississippi), 2016
- Super Lawyers®
- Mid-South Super Lawyers®, Real Estate: Business, 2006-2017
- Leadership in Law, Mississippi Business Journal, 2011 Class
- Who’s Who Legal: USA, Real Estate
- Fellow, Mississippi Young Lawyers
- Lawdragon 3000
- Fellow, American Bar Foundation
- Vanderbilt University, J.D., 1978
- Student Writing Editor, Vanderbilt Law Review
- Order of the Coif
- University of Mississippi, B.B.A., Accounting, 1975
- Real estate counsel and local financing counsel for $400 million electric generating facility, together with gas and water pipeline facilities.
- Jitney-Jungle Stores of America acquisition and financing of Delchamps, Inc. Lead counsel in acquisition of major regional grocery store chain and related financing.
- Primary real estate counsel to developer of a 2,000-acre planned residential community, golf course and country club in Madison County, Mississippi.
- Primary real estate counsel to landowners and co-developers in the sale and development of three adjacent lifestyle shopping centers containing in excess of one million square feet in Rankin County, Mississippi.
- Lead real estate counsel to Fortune 100 discount retailer in the land purchase and development of more than thirty (30) projects in Mississippi and Alabama.
- 106 Butler Snow Attorneys Listed in 2017 Mid-South Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- 147 Butler Snow Attorneys Named in Best Lawyers®, 18 Named “Lawyer of the Year”
- Butler Snow Ranked One of USA's Leading Product Liability Firms by Who's Who Legal
- Chambers USA 2017 Ranks 45 Butler Snow Attorneys as Leaders
- 102 Butler Snow Attorneys List in 2015 Mid-South Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Chambers USA Ranks 40 Butler Snow Attorneys as Leaders
- Butler Snow Attorney Elected as Fellow of Mississippi Bar Foundation
- 117 Butler Snow Attorneys Listed in 2013 Mid-South Super Lawyers®
- Leadership in Law 2011
- Co-Author, Trends Driving Real Estate Development in 2016, MS Business Journal March 4, 2016.
- Author, Legal Aspect of Reshoring Site Selection, Walmart’s web-based portal JUMP, March 2016.
- Speaker, International Council of Shopping Centers, 2006 Gulf South Idea Exchange and Alliance program – "The Legal Quagmire After the Storm," 2006.
- The Agricultural Foreclosure: Special Issues and Concerns – "Practice of Law in Mississippi" Manual, University of Mississippi Law School, 1998.
- Debt Capitalization of Business Enterprises, Proceeding of the Forty-Fourth Annual Mississippi Law Institute, 1989.
- "Due Diligence, Negotiations and Letters of Intent," Cambridge Institute, Buying and Selling Privately Held Companies, 1996, 1997 and 1998.
- Lecturer, Mississippi State Bar Convention, 1997.
- Mississippi College School of Law Sixth Annual Business Law Seminar, 1996.
- "Real Estate Nuts, Bolts and a Few Loose Screws," Mississippi College School of Law Annual Real Estate Seminar (Chairman, 1991; Speaker, 1990, 1996. More...
- Deposit Guaranty National Bank Officer Training Program, 1994-1996.
- University of Mississippi School of Law Title Insurance Seminar, 1995.
- Lecturer, University of Mississippi School of Law, Real Estate Financing, 1991-1992.
- Lecturer, University of Mississippi Law School and Mississippi College School of Law.
- Lecturer, Mississippi Law Institute, 1989.
- Lecturer, Mississippi College School of Law, Current Trends in Real Estate Law, 1987.
- Real Estate, Mississippi Young Lawyers Bridge-the-Gap Seminar.