Charles I. Malone
- Commercial Litigation
- Tort, Transportation & Specialized Litigation
- Business Torts and Unfair Competition
- Corporate Governance
- Director and Officer Liability
- Professional Liability
- White Collar, Compliance and Government Investigations
- Trucking Litigation
- Product Liability Litigation
- Estate/Trust Fiduciary Litigation
Charlie is an AV-rated litigation attorney, specializing in commercial litigation, investigations and professional liability issues. He tries jury and bench trials in federal and state courts, as well as litigates disputes before arbitration panels and other quasi-judicial bodies. Charlie also represents clients in catastrophic personal injury and wrongful death cases.
Biography – View PDF Bio
- Tennessee, 2003
- U.S. District Courts
- Tennessee: Eastern, Middle
- U.S. Court of Appeals
- 6th Circuit
- AV®– Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated, 2012-2017
- Best Lawyers in America®
- Commercial Litigation, 2013-2018
- Super Lawyers®
- Mid-South Super Lawyers, Business Litigation, 2017
- Mid-South Rising Stars, Business Litigation, 2012-2016
- Vanderbilt University Law School, J.D., 2003
- Order of the Coif
- Associate Editor, Vanderbilt Law Review
- Wake Forest University, B.S., Business, magna cum laude, 1999
- Represented companies and individuals in variety of contract and business tort cases, including matters involving claims of unfair competition, breaches of fiduciary duties, and interference with business relationships.
- Represented numerous special litigation committees and other board committees in connection with internal investigations and shareholder litigation for national retailers, pharmaceutical companies, and lending institutions.
- Represented directors and officers in breach of fiduciary shareholder derivative suits.
- Represented private companies and individual shareholders/executives in corporate control and fiduciary duty disputes.
- Represented healthcare companies and individuals in fraud and abuse cases and investigations.
- Represented professional organizations and professionals in numerous malpractice, defamation, and employment claims, in addition to regulatory proceedings before state ethics boards.
- Represented corporate entities and individuals in insurance coverage disputes involving contractual and bad faith claims.
- Represented companies and individuals in disputes involving restrictive covenants in employment and business contracts (non-compete agreements, non-solicit agreements, restrictions on use of trade secrets and confidential information) including in the areas of medical sales, commercial insurance, financial advisors and brokers, and banking.
- Represented corporate entities and individuals in catastrophic wrongful death and personal injury cases, including matters involving chemical explosions, product liability, fire and burn injuries.
- Experienced in all stages (from preliminary injunction matters through jury trial / hearings) of federal and state court proceedings and arbitrations across Tennessee and throughout the country.
- Butler Snow Ranked No. 2 in Lex Machina’s ‘Top Law Firm Report’
- Butler Snow Attorneys Selected as Nashville Bar Foundation Fellows
- 106 Butler Snow Attorneys Listed in 2017 Mid-South Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- 147 Butler Snow Attorneys Named in Best Lawyers®, 18 Named “Lawyer of the Year”
- 102 Butler Snow Attorneys List in 2015 Mid-South Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Butler Snow Announces Second Major Nashville Expansion
- The Tennessee Business Court Matures From Start-Up To Growth
- The Question Remains Unanswered: Tennessee Supreme Court Rules that Ripeness Doctrine Precludes a Decision on the Constitutionality of Tort Reform Until After a Jury Verdict is Rendered
- Let’s Get Down to Business: Tennessee Supreme Court Establishes Business Court Pilot Project