Blair H. Jussely
Blair is a member of the firm’s Business Services Group and focuses her practice on estate planning, estate administration, tax exempt organizations, state and local tax, and taxation law.
Biography – View PDF Bio
- About Blair
- Bar Admissions
- Civic Involvement
- Education & Honors
- In the News
- Papers, Presentations, & Publications
- Recent Blogs
Blair is a member of the Business Services group and focuses her practice on estate planning, estate administration, tax exempt organizations, and state and local tax. She is a Certified Public Accountant. She is a member of the American Bar Association, the Mississippi Society of Certified Public Accountants and the Estate Planning Council of Mississippi. She has been recognized by Best Lawyers in America®.
Blair holds a B.Accy. degree in Accountancy and M.Tax from the University of Mississippi. Blair obtained her J.D. from the University of Mississippi and also holds a LL.M in Taxation from New York University. She is admitted to practice in Mississippi, as well as to the U.S. District Court of Mississippi’s Northern and Southern Districts and the Fifth Circuit of the U.S. Court of Appeals.
- Mississippi, 2015
- U.S. District Courts
- Mississippi: Northern, Southern
- U.S. Court of Appeals
- 5th Circuit
- Epilepsy Foundation of Mississippi
- Secretary, 2018-2020
- Board of Directors, 2016-2020
- Certified Public Accountant, 2016
- Best Lawyers in America®
- Ones to Watch, Tax Law, 2021-2022
- Ones to Watch, Trusts and Estates, 2021-2022
- New York University, LL.M., Taxation, 2015
- University of Mississippi, J.D., summa cum laude, 2014
- Associate Article Editor, The Mississippi Law Journal
- Dean’s Leadership Council
- James Oliver Eastland Scholarship in Law
- University of Mississippi, M.Tax., 2011
- Ernst & Young Honors Fellowship
- University of Mississippi, B.Accy., Accountancy, summa cum laude, 2010
- Marcus Elvis Taylor Memorial Medal Designee
- Beta Alpha Psi
- Speaker, “2017 Developments in Estate Planning,” Mississippi Estate Planning Council, January 2018.
- Speaker, “Charitable Giving Overview,” Mississippi Estate Planning Council, February 2017.
- Speaker, “Estate Planning Overview,” Metro Legal Professionals Association, January 2016.
- U.S. Supreme Court Overturns Physical Presence Test Giving States Authority to Collect Sales Tax from Remote Sellers
- Proposed Section 2704 Regulations to be Withdrawn
- Tremendous Tax Savings Opportunity for Certain Investors with the PATH Act
- Speculation Continues Regarding Potential Proposed §2704 Regulations