Entertainment and Media
Butler Snow’s Entertainment and Media Industry attorneys offer clients an interdisciplinary team of litigators, transactional attorneys, tax, and employment lawyers providing services to all segments of the entertainment, media and sports industries. We represent both established and emerging companies and talent.
Our litigators have decades of experience in handling high-stakes copyright and media disputes, as well as trademark and other intellectual property-based matters. Our transactional attorneys are recognized for their expertise in complex transactions.
We work across media, representing clients in music, motion pictures, television, radio, theater, other live entertainment, media, magazine and book publishing, sports, and arts and images. Our team handles First Amendment issues related to free speech, censorship and defamation. We also work with clients in developing relationships and securing agreements to exploit their creative works, providing innovative solutions through a variety of platforms.
The team’s areas of concentration include:
- Litigation involving intellectual property, contractual and business tort disputes and other issues concerning the entertainment, media and sports industries
- Agreements related to license, sale and distribution of intellectual property rights
- Acquisitions and dispositions of television catalogs
- Mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures and strategic alliances
- Motion picture tax incentives
- Digital content distribution and licensing
- Intellectual property counseling, protection and enforcement
- Talent agreements
- Labor and employment issues
- Tax counseling for high net-worth individuals
- First Amendment issues
- Piracy issues concerning audio-visual media
Our team shares your creative passion. Butler Snow attorneys have authored books, directed and produced documentaries, films and music videos, performed in bands and orchestras, and played for collegiate and professional sports teams. We understand the creative journey and seek to be a part of your team to accomplish your goals.