- Senior Compliance and Coding Advisor
Kathy has a wealth of experience in compliance and healthcare administration. She served as a member of a Deferred Prosecution Federal Monitor Team for a medical device company.
Biography – View PDF Bio
- Northern Illinois University, B.A., English, 1981
- Healthcare Compliance Certification, Health Care Compliance Association
- Certified Medical Compliance Specialist- Physician, Medical Compliance Training
- Certified Interventional Radiology Cardiovascular Coder, American Academy of Professional Coders
- Certified Professional Coder, American Academy of Professional Coders
- Certified Advanced Coding Specialist- Cardiology, Board of Medical Specialty Coding
- Compliance and Healthcare Administration Experience
- Currently serves as the HIPAA Privacy Officer for a state agency.
- Has extensive experience with reimbursement-related matters, including, but not limited to, those related to federal healthcare policies.
- Provides clients with compliance program implementation and development plans and strategies.
- Served as a member of the Internal Monitor Team for an academic institution that experienced a HIPAA breach.
- Served as a member of a Deferred Prosecution Federal Monitor Team for a medical device company.
- Oversaw the Compliance Program for a large physician practice.
- Managed all aspects of the office billing processes for a physician office.
- Served as the Compliance and Privacy Officer for a large trauma hospital in the mid-south. More...
- Has significant compliance auditing and monitoring experience.
- Has experience with medical device needs assessment review and analyses.
- Co-Presenter, "Topics in Reimbursement: Coding, Coverage and Payment," ZeroTo510k, June 1, 2015.
*Non-attorney healthcare policy advisor.