- Senior Government Relations Advisor, Regulatory and Government Relations Group
As a Senior Government Relations Advisor Kathryn has years of experience in state government, managing public relations campaigns and advising on policy issues. Most recently she worked with lawmakers on the passage of the University of Mississippi Medical Center Healthcare Collaboration Act and the Mississippi Charter School Act.
Biography – View PDF Bio
- Governor Tate Reeves Inaugural Committee, Co-Chair, 2020
- Director of Administration and Policy Advisor, Office of Lt. Governor Tate Reeves, State of Mississippi, 2011-2012
- Director of College Savings Mississippi, Office of State Treasurer Tate Reeves, State of Mississippi, 2009-2011
- Director of Public Affairs, Office of Governor Haley Barbour, State of Mississippi, 2005
- Deputy Press Secretary, Office of Governor Haley Barbour, State of Mississippi, 2004
- Barbour for Governor Campaign, 2003
- Mississippi State University, B.A., Communications, 1997
- Interim administrator of the Mississippi Charter School Authorizer Board.
- Senior advisor to Lt. Governor on major policy issues including: education reform legislation that changed the state’s rating system to an A-F scale, administrative consolidation of low- performing school districts, universal screenings and school choice scholarships for dyslexic students, and advocated for the Lt. Governor’s charter school position. Managed Lt. Governor’s appointments to various boards and commissions.
- Oversaw the College Savings Division of the State Treasury and served as the primary media contact for the agency. Managed the state’s 529 Records Administrators – MPACT and MACS.
- Spokesperson and media contact for Governor’s Office during Hurricane Katrina and coordinated numerous press conferences and special events on behalf of the Governor’s Office.
- Conducted national public relations campaigns on behalf of consumer health clients at an international public relations firm in New York City.
* Non-attorney Senior Government Relations Advisor