Jennie J. Verner*
- Government Relations Advisor
Jennie serves as a Government Relations Advisor for Butler Snow’s Regulatory and Government group.
Biography – View PDF Bio
- University Schools, Advisory Board Member
- Center for Applied Earth Science and Engineering Research, Advisory Board Member
- Tennessee Lobbyist Association, Member
- Big Brothers Big Sisters, Mentor
- Louisiana State University, B.A., 2011
- Senior Director of Government Relations and Policy, University of Memphis, 2018-2019. Built and maintained relationships, studied policy initiatives, and advocated for funding before state, local, and Federal officials. Successful in securing capital funding for the Lambuth Campus, a first for the University. Organized the inaugural University of Memphis Legislative Retreat, bringing a record 40 legislators from across Tennessee to the University of Memphis Campus.
- Director of Government Relations, State Collaborative on Reforming Education (SCORE), 2014-2018. Represented Tennessee’s leading education policy and advocacy organization before the Tennessee General Assembly. Successfully designed and executed a statewide roadshow for a Governor’s cabinet member to interact with business and community stakeholders.
- Legislative Staffer, Tennessee General Assembly, 2011-2014. Worked for the Tennessee General Assembly in several roles including Research Analyst for the House Education Committee. Developed strong working relationships with key education and business community stakeholders. Maintained a deep understanding of education-related legislation to serve as the primary policy advisor to the committee.
- Fundraiser and Campaign Coordinator, Congressman Bill Cassidy, 2010-2011.
*Non-attorney Government Relations Advisor