Esme E. Thoman*
- Senior Government Relations Advisor
Esme is a member of Butler Snow’s Regulatory and Government group. Her practice is focused on governmental relations, regulatory and public affairs, and strategic business consulting and advocacy.
Biography – View PDF Bio
- Texas Exes
- Finance Committee Board Member, 2018-Present
- Delta Delta Delta Alumni Association
- The University of Texas’ Theta Zeta House Corporation of Delta Delta Delta
- Treasurer, December 2012-Present
- Texas Cannabis Council
- Board of Directors, Treasurer, 2019-2021
- Certified Public Accountant, Texas
- University of Texas at Austin, M.P.A., 2009
- University of Texas at Austin, B.B.A., Finance and Accounting, 2008
- Governmental affairs expert with over ten years of experience in Texas government affairs and politics providing strategic counsel for a wide arrange of industries.
- Draws upon corporate background in accounting and finance to provide a nuanced viewpoint when creating and implementing client focused governmental affairs strategies.
- Secured state and federal appropriations of $500M for public private partnerships using federal funds administered through Texas’ LIHTC, CDBG and NMTC programs.
- Manage and advise client’s political giving campaigns for state and federal elected officials.
- Provide legislative advocacy and lobbying services to clients involved in tax policy, banking, multifamily housing development, gaming, technology, agriculture, healthcare and oil and gas industries.
- Provide political risk analysis to assist clients in measuring political exposure and create mitigation strategies that reduce volatility and enhance business resilience.
- Represent for-profit multifamily housing development clients at the TDHCA and assist them in navigating the LIHTC 9% and 4% programs, multifamily bonds, multifamily direct loans and other special funding initiatives.
- Represent multi state medical cannabis operators regarding efforts to enter the Texas market.
- Represent a large electric cooperative’s legislative response regarding updates to the state’s electrical grid and broadband deployment. More...
- Successfully represented one of the largest tribal gaming operations in dealings with state government.
*Non-attorney Senior Government Relations Advisor