Caroline Wicker Sims*
- Senior Government Relations Advisor, Regulatory and Government Relations Group
As a Senior Government Relations Advisor, Caroline is a respected advocate for clients covering a wide range of issues. She has successfully worked on the passage of new legislation creating further opportunities in the healthcare, education, transportation and financial industries.
Biography – View PDF Bio
- University of Mississippi, Young Alumni Board
- Fondren Renaissance Foundation, Past President
- Junior League of Jackson
- Governor’s Initiative for Volunteer Service (GIVE) Awards, Chair, 2013
- Ronald McDonald House Charities, Board of Directors
- Board of Commissioners, Mississippi Commission for Volunteer Service
- State and Local Coordinator, Office of Intergovernmental Programs, U.S. Department of Homeland Security, 2008-2009
- Assistant Press Secretary, Office of Public Affairs, U.S. Department of Homeland Security, 2007-2008
- University of Mississippi, B.A., International Studies and Spanish, summa cum laude, 2006
- Phi Beta KappaCroft Institute for International Studies
- Worked with clients and legislators to pass important legislative initiatives including the Mississippi Charter School Act of 2013, the Literacy Based Promotion Act, and the Healthcare Collaboration Act.
- Appointed by Governor Haley Barbour to serve on the Board of Commissioners for the Mississippi Commission for Volunteer Service.
- Served as primary liaison between Department of Homeland Security and Governors, Advisors and staffs of five-state region.
- Coordinated media/press relations for office of Secretary Michael Chertoff.
- Former intern for Office of Republican Whip (2007), United States Agency for International Development (2005) and White House Office of the First Lady (2004).
*Non-Attorney Senior Government Relations Advisor