Caroline Wicker Sims*
- Senior Government Relations Advisor, Regulatory and Government Relations Group
As a trusted advocate throughout state government, Caroline works to advance clients’ goals in the legislative and executive branches on a variety of issues important to them. Caroline brings the experience of assisting in creating innovative reforms to some of Mississippi’s most critical challenges in the healthcare, education, transportation, and financial sectors. As a Senior Government Relations Advisor, she understands client goals and uses her experience and relationships to create a pathway for success.
Biography – View PDF Bio
- Governor’s Initiative for Volunteer Service (GIVE) Awards, Chair, 2013
- Ronald McDonald House Charities, Board of Directors
- Fondren Renaissance Foundation, Past President
- University of Mississippi, Young Alumni Board
- Junior League of Jackson
- Delta Gamma Jackson Alumnae Chapter, Board Member
- Mississippi Campaign for Grade Level Reading, Advisory Board Member
- American Cancer Society, Best Dressed Jackson Honoree, 2021
- American Council of Young Political Leaders, Delegate to Cambodia and Malaysia, 2019
- Board of Commissioners, Mississippi Commission for Volunteer Service
- State and Local Coordinator, Office of Intergovernmental Programs, U.S. Department of Homeland Security, 2008-2009
- Assistant Press Secretary, Office of Public Affairs, U.S. Department of Homeland Security, 2007-2008
- University of Mississippi, B.A., International Studies and Spanish, summa cum laude, 2006
- Phi Beta Kappa
Croft Institute for International Studies
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Worked with clients, legislators, and executive branch to implement critical initiatives including the Mississippi Charter School Act of 2013, the Literacy Based Promotion Act, and the Healthcare Collaboration Act.
- Appointed by Governor Haley Barbour to serve on the Board of Commissioners for the Mississippi Commission for Volunteer Service.
- Served as primary liaison between Department of Homeland Security and Governors, Advisors and staffs of five-state region.
- Coordinated media/press relations for office of Secretary Michael Chertoff.
- Former intern for Office of Republican Whip (2007), United States Agency for International Development (2005) and White House Office of the First Lady (2004).
*Non-Attorney Senior Government Relations Advisor