J. Carley Butler*
- Senior Government Relations Advisor
Carley is a member of Butler Snow’s Regulatory and Government Group. Her practice is focused on governmental relations, regulatory and public affairs and strategic business consulting and advocacy.
Biography – View PDF Bio
- Helping Hands Home
- Eanes Educational Foundation
- Delta Delta Delta Alumni Association
- Stephen F. Austin State University, B.B.A., Management, 2002
- Governmental affairs expert with 15 years worth of experience advancing clients' interests through legislation and regulatory initiatives.
- Leverages experience in mortgage and banking to bring insight when creating client strategies.
- Provides legislative advocacy and lobbying services to clients involved in banking, multifamily housing development, gaming, technology, environmental, agriculture, electricity, oil and gas, and healthcare industries.
- Manage and advise clients on campaign contribution strategies.
- Secured $300 Million in federal and state appropriations for LIHTC and CDBG projects.
- Represent a large electric cooperative’s legislative response regarding updates to the electrical grid and broadband deployment.
- Represent for profit multifamily housing development clients at TDHCA and assist them in navigating the LIHTC 9% and 4% programs, multifamily direct loans and other special funding initiatives.
- Represent multi state medical cannabis operators wanting to enter the Texas market.
- Successfully represented one of the largest tribal gaming operations in dealing with state government.
*Non-attorney Senior Government Relations Advisor