- Senior Trademark Advisor, Intellectual Property Group
Barbara has extensive experience as a Trademark Advisor, working with companies internationally to secure and maintain their brands.
Biography – View PDF Bio
- Director of Global Intellectual Property Administration, Hilton Worldwide, Inc.
- Distinguished Special Project Award, Manual for the Trademark Paralegal
- Member, Advisory Committee for the Paralegal Program, University of Memphis
- Certified Paralegal (CP), National Association of Legal Assistants
- University of Memphis, B.P.S., Paralegal Services, summa cum laude, 2001
- Outstanding Legal Research AwardOutstanding Paralegal Student AwardParalegal Scholastic Achievement Award for Legal Research & Writing
- Certified Paralegal, University of Memphis, 1996
- Developed trademark program that grew from 300 registrations to 6,800+ worldwide.
- Created a network of trademark attorneys and agents in over 200 countries.
- Complete restructuring of IP ownership and assignment of all trademark applications and registrations worldwide as part of Blackstone Group’s acquisition of Hilton Hotels Corporation (now Hilton Worldwide, Inc.). Managed team that audited portfolios, prepared schedules and coordinated filings in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Worked with international hotel developers to align trademark clearance and protection with a plan that increased the percentage of company’s total pipeline outside the U.S. from 15% in 2007 to approximately 50% to date, and the percentage of company’s rooms under construction outside the U.S. from 11% in 2007 to 72% to date.
- Consolidated two independent global trademark databases in the US and UK, and implemented a new, more robust trademark management system to meet the needs of a growing international company by giving business partners 24/7 access to company’s trademark filings worldwide. Began process of transitioning to paperless program.
- Redesigned corporate accounts structure to improve legal budget forecasts for brand teams.
- Internal licensing expert to facilitate state gaming licensing process.
- Developed, coached, mentored and led trademark team collaboratively in a complex, multi-national practice and supported promotion-from-within to strengthen company results.
- Speaker, "Copyright & Trademark Infringement Issues on the Internet," Memphis Bar Association, September 2011.
*Non-attorney trademark advisor.