At Butler Snow, we believe inclusion is a key driver of innovation and creativity. We have long been committed to fostering, maintaining and celebrating an environment where creative solutions and new ideas are welcomed. We believe our diverse workforce contributes to our competitive advantage. Our firm culture is rooted in collaboration and partnership, and an inclusive environment is paramount to preserving that culture and delivering an elevated level of client service.
This dedication extends beyond our firm through our active participation in and sponsorship of diverse organizations and events domestically and internationally. We promote outreach through professional associations, mentoring, recruiting, sponsorships and networking. Butler Snow is also proud to be a Law Firm Affiliate of the Minority Corporate Counsel Association. Butler Snow was one of only three law firms worldwide selected as an inaugural recipient of the prestigious AT&T Legal Department Diversity and Inclusion Award.
Supporting fairness and fostering inclusivity isn’t just our responsibility. By dedicating our talent and resources to inclusivity, our clients, our communities and our firm grow stronger every day. We have long-excelled in recruiting exceptional attorneys. But, that is not enough. Our aim is to both obtain and retain the very best professional talent.
Meet a few members of Butler Snow’s leadership team.
- Bessie Young Council of the University of Mississippi School of Law
- Boys and Girls Club Law Camp at Tougaloo through Magnolia Bar Association
- Magnolia Bar Association
- Tennessee Lawyers Association for Women Empowerment Conference
- National Women in Law Awards, 2018
- Tennessee Alliance for Black Lawyers’ Annual Conference
- Youth Life Learning Center’s Annual Luncheon/Breakfast
- Napier-Looby Bar Foundation’s Annual Event
- The Alabama State Bar, Minority Pre-Law Conference
- Association of Women Attorneys Law & Leadership Conference
- The National Bar Association
- Conference Diversity Luncheon, Los Angeles, CA
- National Organization of Black Elected Legislative Women
- Ninth Annual African American Managing Partner and General Counsel Dinner
- Mississippi Civil Rights Museum
- The National Civil Rights Museum’s Freedom Awards Banquet
- The April 4th Foundation
- Memphis Benefit Dinner for Facing History and Ourselves
- The Boys & Girls Club of Greater Memphis
- Latin American Education Foundation Gala
- Habitat for Humanity’s Women Build Blitz in Jackson
- Mississippi Center for Justice’s Champions of Justice
- Minority Business Council
- Mississippi Capital Area Habitat for Humanity’s Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Annual Build
- Women’s Foundation for a Greater Memphis Tribute Luncheon
- Unity in Diversity Scholarship Banquet
Partner Organizations & Memberships
Butler Snow partners with a wide variety of organizations throughout our communities and the legal profession to promote inclusivity. Find out more about a few of the organizations we partner with below:
Butler Snow Women’s Initiative
Butler Snow is dedicated to promoting and supporting the advancement of women. The Women’s Initiative is a key component of our diversity and inclusivity efforts. In a culture that’s focused solely on serving the client without concern for who’s going to get the credit – many of the traditional roadblocks that have stunted the advancement of women in the legal profession are replaced with an environment where women attorneys can thrive. Learn more about our Women’s Initiative.
Butler Snow’s Inclusivity Committee is responsible for leading our inclusivity strategy and initiatives, ensuring that our firm accurately reflects the diverse clients we serve.Meet Our Committee
News & Announcements
Learn more about Butler Snow’s efforts and the organizations we partner with to promote a more diverse and inclusive legal profession.Click Here