Thomas G. Hessburg
Thomas is a member of Butler Snow’s business department and practices within the Public Finance, Tax Incentives, and Credit Markets Group with central focus on tax-exempt and taxable financings on behalf of local governments and school districts throughout Louisiana, in capacities of bond counsel and underwriter's counsel.
Biography – View PDF Bio
- Bar Admissions
- Education & Honors
- In the News
- Papers, Presentations, & Publications
- Louisiana, 2003
- U.S. District Courts
- Louisiana: Middle, Eastern, Western
- U.S. Bankruptcy Courts - Louisiana: Middle
- Super Lawyers®
- Louisiana Rising Stars, 2012-2014
- Best Lawyers in America®
- Family Law, 2020-2021
- Assistant La. Supreme Court Bar Examiner for Code I of the Louisiana Bar Exam
- Southern University Law Center, J.D., 2003
- Louisiana State University, B.A., Business Administration, cum laude, 1998
- Prior to joining Butler Snow, Thomas was a founding partner with the Louisiana firm Dampf, Hessburg, Edwards, Thibaut & Aydell, LLC. His practice included complex domestic litigation and community property law, estate planning and probate proceedings, corporate mergers and acquisitions, public finance, criminal defense, and general civil litigation.
- 198 Butler Snow Attorneys Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2021
- 173 Butler Snow Attorneys Named in Best Lawyers® 2020, 19 Named “Lawyer of the Year”
- Butler Snow Ranked as a Top 10 Private Bond Counsel Firm Nationally by Thomson Reuters Top Legal Counsel Review
- Butler Snow Adds Two Public Finance Attorneys in Louisiana
- Presenter, “Understanding the Pitfalls and Fundamentals of Organizational Growth” Commercial Motor Vehicle Training Association Spring Conference, May 12, 2017.