Tara L. Blake
Tara is a member of Butler Snow’s litigation department and primarily practices within the Pharmaceutical, Medical Device and Healthcare Litigation Group.
Biography – View PDF Bio
- Bar Admissions
- Education & Honors
- In the News
- Papers, Presentations, & Publications
- Alabama, 2011
- California, 2017
- Tennessee, 2017
- Best Lawyers in America®
- Ones to Watch, Insurance Law, 2021
- Ones to Watch, Product Liability Litigation – Defendants, 2021
- University of Alabama School of Law, J.D., 2011
- Managing Editor, Alabama Law Review
- Order of the Coif
- Hugo L. Black Scholar
- Recipient of Dean M. Leigh Harrison Award
- Bench & Bar
- Furman University, B.S., Psychology, 2006
- Vice-President, Psi Chi Psychology Honor Society
- Tara’s practice focuses on insurance and financial services litigation. She regularly represents insurers across the country in individual and multi-party litigation involving a wide variety of coverage lines including professional and commercial liability, life, health, property and fidelity/crime coverage. Her practice has concentrated on defending insurance and financial services companies against complex, bad-faith, class and punitive damages claims.
- Regularly represent insurers across the country in individual and multi-party litigation involving a wide variety of coverage lines including professional and commercial liability, life, health, property and fidelity/crime coverage.
- Practice has concentrated on defending insurance companies against complex, bad-faith, fraud, class and punitive damages claims.
- Prepared witnesses for depositions and/or trial as lead lawyer in preparation.
- Served as primary contact for multiple clients on issues of case strategic development and all aspects of litigation.
- Acted as lead counsel in hearings in multiple jurisdictions – including Tennessee, California, South Carolina, Oklahoma and Louisiana.
- Served as trial lawyer assisting and trying multiple cases with lead counsel, obtaining defense victory in a multi-week jury trials on bad faith/claims insurance issues.
- Litigated matters in more than 10 states.
- Planned, organized and spoke at multiple marketing presentations to clients for the Insurance and Financial Services Litigation Practice Group.
- Advise clients on insurance compliance and coverage issues.
- Research and draft legal briefs and monitor legal updates affecting clients.
- Tara served on the trial team that obtained complete defense victory in a multi week jury trial on bad-faith/claims issues involving employee theft coverage following a $50 million pretrial damages claim. McLarand Vasquez Emsiek & Partners, Inc., et al. v. The Hartford Financial Services Group, No. 30-2011-00463182 (California Superior Court, County of Orange) (Hon. Mary Fingal Schulte / Dept. C6).
- Co-Author, "50-State Survey of Statutory Caps on Damages and the Applicability of the Collateral Source Rule," Pro Te: Solutio, Vol. 13, No. 4, November 2020.