Julie Watson Lampley
Julie focuses on healthcare regulatory and compliance law, commercial contracting with a focus on healthcare entities, mergers and acquisitions, and antitrust law. She represents pharmaceutical and medical device companies, academic medical centers and other research organizations, hospitals, dialysis providers, and other institutional healthcare providers, offering creative and solution-driven counsel and advocacy. Julie leads Butler Snow’s firm-wide Healthcare Industry Team and previously served as the Healthcare Regulatory and Transactions Practice Group Leader.
Biography – View PDF Bio
- Bar Admissions
- Education & Honors
- In the News
- Papers, Presentations, & Publications
- Tennessee, 1987
- University of Tennessee, J.D., first in the class, 1987
- Order of the Coif
- University of Southern Mississippi, B.M.Ed., with honors, 1987
- Broad representation of pharmaceutical and medical device companies including both publicly-held and privately owned international pharmaceutical manufacturers, medical device companies, and research organizations, serving as a creative, solution driven advisor and passionate advocate.
- National representation of dialysis providers, hospitals, physician practice management companies, and ambulatory surgery centers, including mergers and acquisitions, joint venture arrangements, de novo facility arrangements, and practice management arrangements.
- Counsel to healthcare providers regarding operations and regulatory matters, including creation and negotiation of professional services, employment and medical director agreements.
- Advice and services to pharmaceutical and medical device companies involving creation, review and negotiation of broad range of national and international commercial sourcing and procurement contracts, with an emphasis on healthcare regulatory and compliance issues.
- Advice and services involving Stark and Anti-kickback, antitrust issues, privacy policies and programs; compliance programs, managed care contracting, physician recruitment and employment, hospital-based physician contracting, entity formation and operation and issues relating to tax-exempt healthcare providers.
- Representation of pharmaceutical and medical device companies in the drafting and negotiation of clinical trial agreements and investigator initiated study agreements for trials conducted in the United States and abroad. Interfacing with research organizations, government entities, clinical research organizations and third party suppliers on behalf of pharmaceutical and medical device companies on a broad range of issues throughout the lifecycle of clinical trials.
- Representation of pharmaceutical and medical device companies providing advice and services regarding collaborative research projects, grants, sponsorships, publications, and marketing and promotional activities.
- Advice and services to pharmaceutical companies, medical device companies, and institutional healthcare providers regarding privacy and compliance policies and programs.
- 147 Butler Snow Attorneys Named in Best Lawyers®, 18 Named “Lawyer of the Year”
- Julie Watson Lampley to Serve as Chair for Legal Aid Society 2017 Fundraising Campaign
- The Boss: Julie Watson Lampley, Butler Snow - Nashville Business Journal
- Butler Snow Wins Spotlight Award at Annual SEMDA Conference
- Butler Snow Among ABA's Top 10 Regional Health Law Firms
- Butler Snow Attorney Julie Watson Lampley Named to Nashville Health Care Council Board of Directors
- Experience Elevated
- Council Fellows Announces 2015 Class
- Nashville Health Care Council Names Julie Watson Lampley to 2015 Fellows Class
- Co-Author, “Obtaining Valid Informed Consent in Clinical Research”, Pro Te: Solutio, Vol. 8 No. 4, 14-23, February 2016.
- Co-Presenter, "Law, Regulations, & Bio-Ethics," American College of Healthcare Executives, Board of Governors, Certification Exam Review Course, Vanderbilt University, July 10, 2015.
- Co-Presenter, “Managing Risk: Informed Consent, Subject Injury, Indemnification and Insurance”, MAGI Clinical Research Conference, 2013 East.
- Co-Presenter, “Managing Risk: Informed Consent, Subject Injury, Indemnification and Insurance”, MAGI Clinical Research Conference, 2012 West.