Jerome K. Lanning
- Of Counsel
As a member of the Finance & Real Estate Group, Jerome focuses on business and commercial transactions, and real estate law.
Biography – View PDF Bio
- Alabama, 1965
- AV-Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Best Lawyers in America®
- Real Estate Law, 1983-2020
- University of Alabama, J.D., 1965
- Amherst College, B.A., 1963
- Significant experience in representing developers, owners, operators, investors and users in all aspects of real estate, including land acquisition, finance, construction, leasing and sales.
- Counsels clients on real estate matters involving development, partnerships and joint ventures, buying, selling and exchanging of real estate, leasing and other complex commercial real estate transactions.
- Serves as general counsel to the Freshwater Land Trust, a Sec. 501(c) (3) nonprofit organization which acquires land for waterbed protection, and routinely advises and assists landowners regarding conservation easements and related tax opportunities and strategies.
- 173 Butler Snow Attorneys Named in Best Lawyers® 2020, 19 Named “Lawyer of the Year”
- 147 Butler Snow Attorneys Named in Best Lawyers®, 18 Named “Lawyer of the Year”
- Firm Ranked #2 for "2016 Healthiest Employers" by BBJ
- 18 Lawyers From Dwindling Johnston Barton Join Birmingham, Ala., Office of Butler Snow