Gregg C. Gumbert
- Practice Group Leader, Finance, Real Estate and Restructuring Group
Clients admire the 'extremely creative and intelligent' Gregg Gumbert, whose 'proactive style' reassures clients.
Biography – View PDF Bio
- Tennessee, 1999
- Chambers USA, America's Leading Lawyers for Business
- Real Estate, 2008-2019
- Best Lawyers in America®
- Lawyer of the Year, Commercial Finance Law (Memphis), 2018
- Commercial Finance Law, 2016-2020
- Real Estate Law, 2011-2020
- Super Lawyers®
- Mid-South Super Lawyers, Real Estate, 2011-2013
- Mid-South Rising Stars, Real Estate, 2009
- 2019 Golden Woodchuck Award for Conservation Efforts, Wolf River Conservancy
- Emory University, J.D., 1999
- Managing Editor, Bankruptcy Developments Journal
- Kenyon College, B.A., Economics, 1991
- Represented developer/purchaser in purchase of General Electric’s campus, and surrounding land, in Fort Wayne, Indiana, for the development of the Electric Works project.
- Represented seller in the sale of facility used for the production of potassium peroxysulfate (Oxone) in Memphis, Tennessee.
- Represented international logistics and overnight delivery company in a build-to-suit transaction for the development of its 99,000 square foot office and sort facility in the Harlem River Yard, Bronx, New York.
- Represented hospital in build-to-suit development of wellness center in Jackson, Tennessee financed with New Markets Tax Credits.
- Represented developer in build-to-suit development of orthopedic hospital in Hattiesburg, Mississippi financed with new Markets Tax Credits and Go-Zone Bonds.
- Represented seller/lessee in sale/lease-back transaction of 60,000 square foot medical office building in Hattiesburg, Mississippi.
- Represented seller/lessee in sale/lease-back transaction of 202,000 square foot office/warehouse building in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Represented developer in $84,700,000.00 construction/mini-perm facility for the development of a lifestyle center outside of Jackson, Mississippi.
- Represented lender in acquisition financing of the Overton Square Entertainment District in Memphis, Tennessee.
- Represented life sciences company and subsidiaries in $130,000,000.00 syndicated credit facility.
- Represented national bank lender in $55,000,000.00 credit facility to trucking company.
- Represented national bank lender in $45,000,000.00 credit facility to manufacturer of generators.
- Represented national bank lender in $20,000,000.00USD multi-currency credit facility to global chemistry company.
- Represented lender in $18,500,000.00 credit facility to facilitate ESOP transaction.
- Represented lender in $15,500,000.00 asset-based credit facility to propane tank manufacturer.
- Represented regional bank in acquisition of a 1,000+ loan portfolio from another regional bank.
- Regularly represent international logistics and overnight delivery company in lease transactions throughout the U.S.
- Regularly represent charter airline in the financing, purchase and sale of aircraft.
- 173 Butler Snow Attorneys Named in Best Lawyers® 2020, 19 Named “Lawyer of the Year”
- Chambers USA 2019 Ranks 44 Butler Snow Attorneys as Leaders
- 147 Butler Snow Attorneys Named in Best Lawyers®, 18 Named “Lawyer of the Year”
- Chambers USA 2017 Ranks 45 Butler Snow Attorneys as Leaders
- Chambers USA Ranks 40 Butler Snow Attorneys as Leaders
- 117 Butler Snow Attorneys Listed in 2013 Mid-South Super Lawyers®