Butler, Snow, O’Mara, Stevens & Cannada, PLLC (Butler Snow) is pleased to announce that 10 of the firm’s attorneys have been selected by their peers as “Lawyers of the Year” in the Best Lawyers in America® 2014 list. In addition, 107 Butler Snow attorneys were included on the overall 2014 list.
“We are very proud of our attorneys who have been recognized for their work by Best Lawyers,” said Donald Clark, Jr., Chairman, Butler Snow. “This is a great honor for these attorneys and a testament to their commitment, professionalism and dedication to excellence in the legal profession.”
The 10 attorneys named “Lawyer of the Year” include:
- Trudy B. Allen – Jackson-MS Environmental Law Lawyer of the Year
- L. Don Campbell, Jr. – Memphis Corporate Law Lawyer of the Year
- Michael D. Caples – Jackson-MS Government Relations Practice Lawyer of the Year
- Charles C. Harrell – Memphis Mass Tort Litigation/Class Actions – Defendants Lawyer of the Year
- John C. Henegan – Jackson-MS Litigation – Antitrust Lawyer of the Year
- Daniel G. Hise – Jackson-MS Gaming Law Lawyer of the Year
- Robert M. Holland, Jr. – Nashville Economic Development Law Lawyer of the Year
- W. Eugene Magee – 2014 Jackson-MS Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law Lawyer of the Year
- Luther T. Munford – Jackson-MS Appellate Practice Lawyer of the Year
- Edward A. Wilmesherr – Jackson-MS Administrative / Regulatory Law Lawyer of the Year
Since it was first published in 1983, Best Lawyers® has become universally regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence. Because Best Lawyers® is based on an exhaustive peer-review survey in which more than 36,000 leading attorneys cast millions of votes on the legal abilities of other lawyers in their practice areas, and because lawyers are not required or allowed to pay a fee to be listed, inclusion in Best Lawyers® is considered a singular honor. Corporate Counsel magazine has called Best Lawyers® “the most respected referral list of attorneys in practice.” The lawyers being honored as “Lawyer of the Year” have received particularly high ratings in the surveys by earning a high level of respect among their peers for their abilities, professionalism, and integrity.