J. Troy Johnston
Troy focuses his practice on municipal bonds, public finance, economic development incentives, and government relations. He has represented municipalities, universities and organizations across Mississippi.
Biography – View PDF Bio
- Bar Admissions
- Education & Honors
- In the News
- Recent Blogs
- Mississippi, 2003
- U.S. District Courts
- Mississippi: Northern, Southern
- U.S. Court Of Appeals
- 5th Circuit
- Mississippi College, J.D., 2003
- Moot Court Board
- University of Southern Mississippi, M.B.A., 1997
- University of Southern Mississippi, B.A., Polymer Science, 1995
- $3,380,000 Yazoo County, Mississippi, General Obligation Refunding Bonds, Series 2010.
- $6,020,000 City of Laurel, Mississippi, General Obligation Refunding Bonds, Series 2010.
- $49,900,000 S.M. Educational Building Corporation Revenue Bonds, Series 2009 (Campus Facilities Improvements Project).
- $5,700,000 Rankin County School District, Rankin County, Mississippi, General Obligation Limited - Tax Notes, Series 2009.
- $1,216,200 City of Ellisville, Mississippi, Combined Water & Sewer Rural Development Revenue Bond, Series 2008.
- $343,000 City of Vicksburg, Mississippi, Tax Increment Financing Bonds, Series 2008A (Cypress Centre Marketplace, LLC Project).
- $90,000,000 MBFC Taxable Revenue Bond, Series 2008 (Caledonia Energy Partners, LLC Project).
- $10,800,000 MBFC Variable Rate Demand Revenue Gulf Opportunity Zone Bonds, Series 2006 (600 Concourse, LLC Project).
- Underwriter’s Counsel for $15,520,000 Certificates of Participation, Series 2009 (The University of Southern Mississippi Parking Facilities Construction Project). More...
- Trustee’s Counsel for $34,745,060 MBFC Taxable Industrial Development Revenue Bonds, Series 2009 (300 Renaissance, LLC Project).
- Underwriter’s Counsel for $18,605,000 Lost Rabbit Public Improvement District, Special Assessment Bond, Series 2008.
- "Annual Disclosure Filing Requirements Related to Bond Issues," Mississippi Municipal League Summer Convention (June 2011).
- "Municipal Finance," The Toolkit: Tools for Municipal Leaders, co-authored with D. Grubbs, John C. Stennis Institute of Government, Mississippi State University and The Mississippi Municipal League (2011).
- "Update on Amendments to Property Clean-up Law, Section 21-19-11 of the Mississippi Code." T. Johnston, A. Hart, and Mayor C. Johnson, Mississippi Municipal League Summer Convention (June 2010).