Stephen W. Rosenblatt
Steve is a brilliant, aggressive and intelligent counsel. I have the highest regard for his legal and financial acumen and abilities, especially returning six figure awards on complex Chapter 11's.
Julie Moore, Creditors Committee CareCorps Management Company, LLC
Biography – View PDF Bio
- U.S. Court Of Appeals
- 5th Circuit
- AV-Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization, 2013
- Chambers USA, America's Leading Lawyers for Business, Corporate/Commercial: Bankruptcy (Mississippi), 2016
- Mid-South Super Lawyers®, Bankruptcy and Creditor/Debtor Rights, 2006-Present
- Fellow, American College of Bankruptcy
- Fellow, American Bar Foundation
- Mississippi Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Business Bankruptcy Specialist, American Board of Certification
- Fellow, Mississippi Young Lawyers More...
- Chair, Butler Snow, O'Mara, Stevens & Cannada, PLLC, 1998-2005
- University of Mississippi, J.D., with honors
- Editor-in-Chief, Mississippi Law Journal
- Omicron Delta Kappa
- Vanderbilt University, B.A., Philosophy
- In re: Simply Wheelz LLC, d/b/a Advantage Rent-a-Car, United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Mississippi, Case No. 13-03332-ee. Represents the Debtor, the fourth largest car rental company in the United States, in its Chapter 11 case. Certain assets of the Company are to be sold through a court-supervised 363 sales process. This was the first "large chapter 11 case" under the new United States Trustee guidelines that was filed outside of Delaware or the Southern District of New York. This case is still pending.
- In re: Pinnacle Restaurant Corporation, United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Mississippi, Case No. 13-03267-ee. Represents the Debtor in this chapter 11 case of a restaurant company that operates 17 Mazzio’s Italian Eateries, 2 Ken’s Pizza stores, and 1 Oliveto Italian Bistro in Mississippi and Texas. This case is still pending.
- In re: Piccadilly Restaurants, LLC, United States Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Louisiana, Case No. 12-51127. Represents the largest trade creditor in this chapter 11 case of a restaurant and food service company with more than 60 restaurants and 80 food service locations all across the southeast. The confirmation hearing is scheduled for January 2014.
- In re: O&G Leasing, LLC et al., United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Mississippi, Case No. 10 01851 ee. Represents Indenture Trustee for Bondholders holding $25,955,000 of Senior Debentures and $7,610,000 of Subordinate Debentures in this chapter 11 case of a company which owns and operates five oil and gas drilling rigs. The case has been confirmed, but has not yet been consummated.
- In re: Prevalence Health, LLC., United States Bankruptcy Court for Southern District of Mississippi, Case No. 09-02016-ee. Represented the Debtor, a multi-state mail order pharmacy, in its chapter 11 case. Certain assets of the Debtor were sold through a section 363 sale as a going concern to maximize the return for the unsecured creditors.
- In re: CareCorps Management Company, LLC. et al., United States Bankruptcy Court for Northern District of Mississippi, Case No. 08-11728-DWH. Served as counsel for the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors in 13 jointly-administered chapter 11 cases involving primarily skilled nursing facilities and assisted living centers.
- In re: Griffin Acceptance Corporation, United States Bankruptcy Court for Southern District of Mississippi, Case No. 09 01513 ee. Represented secured creditor in connection with the enforcement of its security interest in the inventory and accounts of an enterprise with eight stores in Mississippi and Arkansas that had filed a chapter 11 bankruptcy case. Client purchased the business of the Debtor as a going concern for a credit bid of a significant portion of its debt plus a cash payment which covered certain expenses incurred by the bankruptcy estate.
- In re: Warehouse 86, LLC, United States Bankruptcy Court for Southern District of Mississippi, Case No. 08-03423-ee. Represented the Debtor, a commercial internet auction company, in its chapter 11 case. Through the chapter 11 case, we sold the business in a section 363 sale as a going concern to maximize the return for the unsecured creditors.
- In re: Realty Mortgage Corporation, United States Bankruptcy Court for Southern District of Mississippi, Case No. 09 00544 NPO. Served as Mississippi counsel to secured lender with a claim in excess of $41 million in the chapter 11 case of a mortgage origination company.
- In re: Earl E. Gaylor and Edison Hotels and Resorts Company d/b/a Edison Walthall Hotel, United States Bankruptcy Court for Southern District of Mississippi, Case Nos. 07-02743-NPO and 07-02737-NPO. Appointed as the Examiner to investigate and report to the Bankruptcy Court on certain specified topics in these two affiliated chapter 11 cases involving the purchase by an insider of substantially all of the assets of the Edison Walthall Hotel.
- 102 Butler Snow Attorneys List in 2015 Mid-South Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Chambers USA Ranks 40 Butler Snow Attorneys as Leaders
- Service Elevated
- Innovation Elevated
- 117 Butler Snow Attorneys Listed in 2013 Mid-South Super Lawyers®
- On The Move - Rosenblatt Inducted into ACOB
- Rosenblatt Inducted Into American College of Bankruptcy
- "A Primer on Chapter 9 Bankruptcy Issues," 21st Annual Mid-South Conference on Bankruptcy Law, The University of Mississippi Center for Continuing Legal Education, February 6, 2015.
- Co-Author, "Limitations on the Doctrine of Judicial Estoppel," Law 360.com, October 2008.
- Has spoken at a number of continuing education seminars sponsored by various law schools and conferences, including the following: Mississippi Bankruptcy Conference; Fifth Circuit Bankruptcy Bench-Bar Conference; Mid-South Bankruptcy Conference; Mississippi Bar Summer School for Lawyers; and Law Partners Marketing Forum.