Jefferson K. B. Stancill
Jeff is a business attorney with a primary focus on advising financial institutions and companies that do business with financial institutions.
Biography – View PDF Bio
- Mississippi, 2012
- Alabama, 2006
- Tulane University, J.D., cum laude, 2006
- Managing Editor, Tulane Journal of International and Comparative Law
- University of Mississippi, B.A., History, 2003
- Represent financial institutions in de novo bank organizations, holding company formations, mergers and acquisitions, capital formation, and bank regulatory matters
- Represent issuers and investors in issuances of equity and debt securities with particular experience in representing financial institutions in private placements of common and preferred stock
- Represent borrowers and lenders in commercial lending transactions
- Represent community banks participating in the Troubled Asset Relief Program and the Small Business Lending Fund
- Represent financial institutions in approximately 70 individual loan sale transactions resulting in aggregate proceeds exceeding $750,000,000
- Represent buyers and sellers of real estate
- Author, “Directors’ Responsibilities: A Brief Refresher,” Alabama Bankers Association Board Briefs, March/April 2016.
- Speaker, “M&A Roadblocks,” Alabama Bankers Association CEO, Executive Management, and Directors Conference, August 2015.
- Regular Speaker and Contributor, Mississippi and Mid-South Regulatory Compliance Groups
- Speaker, "Buy, Sell, or Survive," Mississippi and Tennessee Bankers Associations CEO/Executive Management Conference, October 2012.
- Quoted, "Mississippi bankers brace for change as Basel III's New World Order nears," Mississippi Business Journal, September 2012.
- Co-Author, "Advice for Bank Directors: The Buck Stops Here," Banking Traditions, 2009.
- Author, "Fine Tuning Securities Fraud: What a Fight Over Cable Boxes Means for the Defense Bar," 24 ALA. DEF. LAW. ASSOCIATION J. 25, 2008.
- Author, "Mending Fences: The Real Purpose of the American Jobs Creation Act of 2004," 13 TUL. J. INT’L & COMP. L. 421, 2005.