Donna Brown Jacobs
Donna focuses her practice on appellate matters, pharmaceutical product liability defense, and media defense.
Biography – View PDF Bio
- Mississippi, 1989
- U.S. District Courts
- Mississippi: Northern, Southern
- Michigan: Eastern
- U.S. Court Of Appeals
- 5th Circuit
- 6th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- Mid-South Super Lawyers®, Top 50: 2013 Women
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Appellate Law; Product Liability Litigation - Defendants
- Top 50 , Mississippi Super Lawyers®, 2012
- Chambers USA, America's Leading Lawyers for Business, Litigation: Appellate
- Mid-South Super Lawyers®, Appellate
- 50-State Survey of Law of Defamation and Invasion of Privacy, Mississippi Law Section
- Fifth Circuit Reporter, Quarterly Procedural Update
- University of Mississippi, J.D., magna cum laude, 1988
- Symposium Editor, Mississippi Law Journal
- University of Mississippi, B.P.A., summa cum laude, 1985
Judge Charles Clark, Chief Judge, U.S. Court of Appeals, 5th Circuit
- Rebelwood Apartments RP, LP v. English, __SO.3d__, 2010 WL 3706439, Miss., September 23, 2010
- Memphis Biofuels, LLC v Chickasaw Nation Industries., Inc., 585 F.39 917 (6th Cir.), November 4, 2009
- Grobelny v. Baxter Healthcare Corp., 341 Fed.Appx. 803, 2009 WL 2196788, C.A.3 (N.J.), (No. 08-3475), July 24, 2009
- Morris v. Grusin, Tenn., Ct.App., 2009. 2009 WL 4931324, December 22, 2009
- Barbour v. State ex rel. Hood, 974 So. 2d 232 (Miss.), 2008
- 3M Co. v. Johnson, 895 So.2d 151 (Miss.), 2005, $22.5 million judgment reversed and rendered.
- Janssen Pharmaceutica Inc. v. Armond, 866 So.2d 1092, Prod. Liab. Rep. (CCH) P 16,876 (Miss.), 2009, Resulted in new joinder and venue rules.
- Community Bank of Ellisville v. Courtney, 884 So.2d 767 (Miss.), 2004, $5 million judgment reduced to $7,000.
- Janssen Pharmaceutica Inc. v. Bailey, , 878 So.2d 31, Prod. Liab. Rep (CCH) P 17,008. (Miss.), 2004, $100 million verdict vacated.
- Presenter, "E-Discovery: This is What “Scary” Dreams are Made of," Joint Seminar for Mississippi Claims Association and MS Defense Lawyers Association, October 16, 2014.
- Co-Author, "The Path to Aggregate Settlements;" American Bar Association Mass Torts Litigation, Spring 2012, Vol. 10 No. 3.
- Author, "Navigating the Appeal – Practical Tips for the Occasional Appellate Practitioner," Mississippi Defense Lawyers Association Quarterly, May 2009.