Pharmaceutical, Medical Device and Healthcare Industry TeamProduct Liability Litigation
Since the 1970s, major pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers have turned to Butler Snow for their defense. Throughout the country, we have defended a diverse group of products including:
- Breast implants
- Heart valves
- Cardiovascular medications
- Orthopedic prostheses
- Hemodialysis and peritoneal equipment
- Blood products
- IV pumps and related disposables
- Our team is led by lawyers listed in the Personal Injury and Products Liability section of The Best Lawyers in America® and who are Fellows of the American College of Trial Lawyers. We have nurses and medical records analysts on staff to assist in research and in litigation.
- As a result of our long involvement in drug and medical device litigation, Butler Snow has developed close ties to the medical and academic communities who provide expertise, counseling and testimony.
- To remain current on developing medical issues, drug and device team members subscribe to numerous medical publications, including the Journal of the American Medical Association and Pediatrics.
- The firm has an extensive pharmaceutical library that includes treatises on topics as diverse as gynecology, psychiatry, cerebral palsy, cardiology, pulmonology and immunology, as well as the pertinent state and federal regulations.
- Because pharmaceutical companies often face multiple cases in different jurisdictions, Butler Snow has increasingly served as regional or national coordinating counsel. For example, the firm serves as national coordinating counsel for all prosthetic heart valve litigation for one medical device manufacturer. The firm has also served as regional counsel for cases involving certain blood products litigation, and serves as trial counsel in multi-state vaccine and breast implant litigation. In 1999, Butler Snow was selected by one of the largest international pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers as one of only four law firms to handle all of its litigation nationally.
For additional information on Product Liability Litigation, please contact William M. Gage.