Business Services Group
Our Business Services Group combines nationally recognized legal expertise with strong business acumen to deliver the highest level of service to our corporate clients. From start-up technology firms to Fortune 100 companies, from the complex multinational transactions to a simple entrepreneurial start-up, we add value to our clients’ enterprises.
Our Business Services Group members focus on these areas of practice:
Teamwork among our attorneys is the foundation of our approach to service, as we believe that one factor is the key to the best client service. We have designed our compensation and management structure to promote cooperation and trust among our attorneys. Unburdened by internal competition, our attorneys can focus exclusively on client service. Unlike most law firms, our attorneys are not compensated based on the hours they bill or their collections, but rather by their adherence to our guiding principles of client service and internal cooperation. We enjoy working together and respect each other. Our culture of teamwork allows us to recruit and hire great people with integrity who just happen to have chosen to be excellent attorneys.
We know how to compete and succeed on the national stage. Our attorneys regularly deal with some of the largest law firms in the country – either as partners serving the needs of our national and international clients, or on the other side of transactions from them. Yet we prize smaller clients equally. We know our economy is fueled primarily by small business, so we believe we owe it to our communities as well as our clients to help all types of businesses grow and prosper.
Although we represent companies who are clients of the firm, we know that individuals hire individual attorneys, not law firms.
A successful one-on-one working relationship with the client is as important to us as the relationships we foster among ourselves. Our management structure allows us to pair you with the attorney best suited to meet your needs. We relate to you as an individual and work for your individual success, as well as your organization’s.
When you choose Butler Snow for your business needs, you gain an experienced counselor, a key addition to your management team. We understand business, not just the law. We understand that no one likes to hire attorneys or to pay legal fees, so we strive to use our experience to expand your resources, prevent costly mistakes and save you time and money. We learn your business and then work to make your transactions more successful and profitable. Our job is to solve problems, not create them or prolong them. We don’t find ways to drive up fees and kill deals, we close them.
We believe we should strive to help you improve your profits and protect your financial resources the same as we do our own. Not even the largest law firm can most effectively meet every client need. But if we do not have the expertise, chances are we know where to find it and how to help you manage the project for the best results. Again, our structure emphasizes client satisfaction above an individual attorney’s billings, which means we will actually suggest utilizing another law firm’s attorney when that is the best way to serve our client’s needs.
- A survey by BTI Consulting Group of Fortune 1000 companies ranked Butler Snow as one of America’s Top 100 law firms, a “go-to” firm.
- Closed transactions with proceeds totaling almost a billion dollars since January 2005.
- Several attorneys in our group are listed in the Corporate Law, Mergers & Acquisitions Law, Intellectual Property Law and Gaming Law sections of The Best Lawyers in America®.
- Many of our Group’s attorneys are listed in Mid-South Super Lawyers®.
- Our norm is to function as outside general counsel, to partner with our business clients and handle all their corporate needs.
- Our attorneys have broad technical and business expertise, including attorneys who are former general counsels to publicly held corporations.
- All of our attorneys are well-versed in technology and IP protection issues.
- On the patent side, our attorneys do national and international work, with significant expertise in Pharma, Device, Biotechnology, IT and method patents.
For additional information on Business Services, please contact R. Barry Cannada.