Government, Administration and Regulatory Group
Butler Snow assembles a team of attorneys from an array of legal disciplines to represent local and state governmental entities and private clients before local, state and federal governmental entities. We offer clients a high standard of service because of the range of our experience and our knowledge of how government works. Our practice areas include:
We combine substantive areas of legal expertise with regulatory know-how to achieve maximum results in representing clients at the administrative level of state government.
Election and Campaign Finance
– Successfully navigating in today’s business climate often requires knowledge of state and federal campaign finance laws. Elected officials are also frequently confronted with election and campaign finance issues as well as voting rights issues. Our lawyers are equipped to handle any election or campaign finance issues faced either by business or elected officials.
– We have extensive experience defending civil rights matters and helping businesses deal with statutes relating to employment, housing and lending.
– From representing clients in obtaining disaster relief funding to litigation regarding disputes, our attorneys have unique experience in this specialized area of practice.
– Our attorneys have a distinctive combination of experience in representation of governmental entities at the local, state, regional and national levels.
– With our deep understanding of the legislative process, we serve clients by monitoring for statutory or regulatory changes, drafting and reviewing legislation, providing strategic and political guidance advice for lobbying efforts, and crisis management.
Environmental Counseling and Litigation – We have developed a comprehensive knowledge, experience and contact base to help both business and government address environmental needs.
– Our practice encompasses telecommunications, electric, gas, water and sewer law, state and federal regulatory matters, and related litigation.
Redistricting and Voting Rights – Our lawyers have represented local and state governmental entities in all aspects of the redistricting process and voting rights lawsuits.
For additional information on Government, Administration and Regulatory, please contact Melvin J. Malone or Mark W. Garriga.